Tuesday, March 10, 2015

When you realise your potential

I'm sitting here writing this, after having completed the last bit of development on a project I had started over 3 years ago. I was inspired by my mentor, to address an issue that was slowly crippling the finance industry.

We're on the precipice of transforming an industry with a product that's turning heads. It has the potential to save companies hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars a year in overhead expenses while keeping jobs in Australia. As blown away as I feel when my mind wonders onto the possibilities, I am just as eerily calm and lost in thought, almost beginning to feel adrift all over again.

Though this is just the beginning of something large and possibly life transforming, I can't help wonder what's next. I look to the greats like Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Richard Branson, to all the wonders they have achieved, and I am left to wonder; what my next challenge will be? How will I choose to add value to society next?

Deep down, I already know what I want. I want Space. I want to work with hardware and propulsion technology. I admire Elon's progression from Paypal to SpaceX and I feel it's exactly what I want for myself. I want to be building drones and rockets, I want to be on the edge of advancing the human race beyond Earth. I want to be a pioneer.

If I can transform one industry for the better, then what's stopping me from achieving success in every area of my life I set my focus on? I'm not 30 yet, and I feel and behave like I'm 15 during the best of times. I have a long way to go yet with regards to maturity and I'm looking forward to every setback, mistake, failure along the way to my successes.

I'm made of my failures, every scar I have has only made that portion of me more resilient.
Every setback only adds fuel to the fire. So bring on the hurt, you'll only set me ablaze.
- Brad

1 comment: