Monday, March 30, 2015

Old friends

The last few days have been heartwarming... Almost like the universe is telling me that in fact, despite how I may feel, and the events of the last few months, and years even... That I have made some solid friendships... That people do remember me...

When it comes down to it... Isn't that what matters... Will we be remembered? Did we matter? Were we loved, were we missed? Did we make a difference..?

All I want, all that I care about are the few relationships that I have... Where I can care, love and give with all my heart, and not have to care about what I get back in return. Where I can tell someone I was worried about them, that I missed them and that's ok. That it just means that they are someone special in my life.

In a world where we're all so very connected... It seems it's harder than ever to tell someone what they mean to you. That people are so easily replaced, that it's ok if you lose contact with someone... Tomorrow there will be others... The past is forgotten, they are forgotten.

There will always be others, but a moment shared with someone can never be erased... It lasts a lifetime and it's precious. It's a form of connection that brings joy and comfort to the soul... It's something we can't fabricate, yet we can so easily experience it just by being real with one another.

I just want to be real. That I do feel, and that I am aware of the moment. That good or bad, I'll experience every aspect of it, to do them justice that they deserve, I won't succumb to numbness as a way to bypass it.

I will endure. 

1 comment: